I openly admit I'm a blurker, blog-stalker, whatever you want to call it. I get really inspired by it. I often go to crafty sites and although I don't actually follow through with any of the brilliant projects I come across, I still love seeing the ideas. So today I came across this. Now, her idea is that from a book she's currently reading, but I thought it was clever. An accountability for your actions every day. Being a stay-at-home mom has become boring for me. Does that mean I'm really doing something wrong? Whatever. So I figured if I set myself 5 tasks a day, that just may liven things up. Fingers crossed.
Yesterday was fairly simple.
- Take Jon to work. I do this nearly every work day, but it's still something I need to prepare for. Obviously this task was completed, later than both of us would have liked, but done none-the-less.
- Get my work password reset/unlocked. It's a little frustrating when you go into work at night, get locked out and there's no one there to help you get fixed.
- B's Playgroup. I was looking forward to and dreading this event. It's been 2 weeks due to holiday break and B hasn't been the best of students recently, so getting back into the swing of things could possibly take some major patience. And B did great! Circle Time was not an issue of her running away, rather an issue of her jumping on and loving me insanely while I giggled like an Elmo doll. It was great!
- B eating a real lunch. B has troubles eating. She just doesn't like to eat. Yesterday, she at nearly an entire piece of bread with honey on it. Major milestone! (she actually did it again today! YAY!)
- Lins Lu's kiddos. My BFF Lins has been ordered to take it easy for a while during her pregnancy. I offered to take her kiddos for a few hours. I was able to run over and bring them back to my house. We had ice cream and went through the car wash, which B & Fin were terrified of. I thought most kids love the car wash? No? It was a great night with all the kiddies. I'm looking forward to when I can do that again!
So that's 5, but I did a few extra things as well...
- Picked up JD's festival music
- Got B down for a nap and she didn't whine or try to come out once.
- Got the kids ready and out for school with no fighting for the 2nd day in a row (back to school is still new and exciting)
So here's to today's
- Me, piano
- buy piano books
- pick up kids from piano to take to TFam's for tending
- go to temple with youth for baptisms (a first for me, oober excited!)
- go to youth activity
I'll let you know how these go tomorrow, or tonight.
disclaimer: i claim a few degrees of association to so and so. i really do know her in real life (or rather I did in my past life, her dad was my bishop when i was baptized and i was seriously going to marry her little brother) and they're buddies. so i'm really not that crazy. but you're still allowed to think so. i don't care. it's still a good idea either way.
1 comment:
Great blog post. When I get up and around maybe i should do something like this. Thanks again for yesterday!!!! I appreciate it more than you know. I owe you big time!
Post a Comment