December 6, 2008

whatcha think?

So, I'm a loon who tries to save money by making my girls' Christmas outfits each year, when actually, I buy pretty expensive fabric, and then buy a whole bunch of accessories to adorn them with... psh... anywho, this year my mum was kind enough to get JD & CJ some clothes from Matilda Jane's clothing. Whew, thank you for mum! So, I totally loved the dresses, but I just couldn't let myself get a dress that cost that much, that B would only wear for a short time. So I decided I would attempt to create my own. It's definitely NOT matilda jane, but it's my own junk-food version. I'm pretty impressed! And she looks so stinkin' cute in it and she loves it! She ran away and wouldn't let me take it off of her. But I wasn't quite finished with the hemming, so I had to catch her. I made the skirt for CJ out of Linen and JD's is a cute brown peasant dress, brown, same color as CJ's BOY SHIRT! JD has some cute legwarmers and red leggings. Should be fun!
When I get the girls all dolled up, I'll post pics! And if you're lucky enough to be on my Christmas Card list, you'll get an actual photo, WOW for you!
gtout

4 comments:

Wahines in Bikinis said...

you're a nerd but I like it.

They did turn out cute..who knew you were so creative?


I better be on that Christmas list or you will be sooooo sorry.

Amanda C said...

They are adorable! Seriously when are we getting together?

Iann said...

I have JD's hat ready- so I will get it to you asap. I want to see those pics!

Sara said...

Wow! You are so talented! I love, love, love them! Can't wait to see the girlies in them. So cute!