Have I mentioned how much I hate September??? This time around has not been much different.... I won't share details.... too personal..... but what is with this month? I'm sad that it's B's birthday month, because she's a gem! How can she be associated with such a horrible time? Maybe I'll go get her birthdate changed on the census... hmm.. a thought...
JD has her final cast on, finally.... hopefully it really will be her last... Dr. wanted to keep it on another 2 weeks for protection. A relief. She also has her wrist this time, which has allowed her to get back into piano full swing... she had to play one handed at the last recital. She's done pretty awesome with having the cast, even though it's on her right hand. She doesn't complain. She's quite the trooper. She played soccer AWESOME last night... I'm so proud of her. Her coach says he likes her being defender, which I know she could play anything, but she's got a great kick! During the game, JD was totally taking it out and "defending" and the lady in front of us goes "No way! No way she's in 6th grade!"... keep in mind Jos is tall and quite the young lady... I wanted to pipe up so bad and say "actually, she's in 5th!" but instead, I just yelled "GO BABE!!! YAY JD!!!!" The 2 ladies looked over at each other, realizing that obviously I had overheard.... I laughed out loud... it was hilarious! JD seems to be doing great in school! She has a cute, young teacher that I was nervous about at first, but turns out she's got some rules! I think she'll do great all year! I'm very proud of her!
CJ has been doing great in soccer this year. I've been totally amazed! Last year, she loved the sidelines, but this year she's been all over the field and just giving it her all! She's 1 of 2 girls in her class, there were 4 and 2 have transferred out. I think she likes this. She does wish she were a boy, anyway. She's so proud of her school work. She's a pretty smart girl! She's doing awesome in piano, which I was nervous she wouldn't quite pick it up like Jos had, but she loves playing! It's still a challenge to get her to practice, but, on her own time, she plays lots!
B is B. Now that she's 2, we're expecting her naughtiness.... and she is naughty.... but I've decided that I'd rather have naughty than whiny. She was sick last week, throwing up and high fever, but she's dandy now! She's obsessed with Dora but has finally found something else she'll watch, Dinosaur Train... it's a cute show! I like it, since it is my deepest dream to become a paleontologist... aah, dreams... B is doing great in her playgroup. Yesterday she was even singing along! She's trying so hard to talk more, she just can't quite finish the words or get the right sounds... but she's doing great!
I'm trying to get back into crafty mode... it's tough... I did make me a bag for my new calling, YW 2nd counselor... I had to have something big with pockets. I want to do so much more! I've spent some time cleaning out the "garbage" room that I call craft/scrap/sewing room. It's clean, but I still don't feel organized and I have decided that I have way too much stuff. I plan on selling stuff, somehow, someday.... we'll see.... other than it being September, I'm doing fabulous! I'm trying to keep order and survive. So far, so good!
2 comments:
I never realized that you disliked September to that degree! Hopefully this one ends up a little bit better. It's fun reading about your girls! Let's plan another outing to the pumpkin patch this year!
Aw shucks! Sad to hear September is your 12th favorite month! :) But glad to hear your sorting through your craft stuff. I know it's always easier to delve into projects when you have a slightly organized place to be creative in.
As far as my books go, I love to find the holiday books at Target in the $1 bin, they are a 7 1/2x6 size and quick and easy. Plus they always have paper, stickers, rub-ons and stuff the coordinates. Easy to make a book for less tha 5 or 6 dollars.
I also love just making 6x6 books from cardstock...cut 12x12 in half, fold, tie together in the middle and embellish. I made Finleigh a cute princess one last year for her birthday.
I also ran across some cute chipboard kits from Top Line Creations (www.topline-creations.com) They were pretty cheap (I got them through www.scrapbooksteals.com) but they have everything you need to make the book (album, paper, rub-ons, etc) They are called Shape Upz
Anywhoo...glad to read your blog and get to know you...and see that you comment on mine! :) That makes my day!
Post a Comment