July 1, 2008

June 27 - July 1

It's been a few couple of days so I'm posting a WIR now. Also, it's the 4th this weekend so it'll be quite the post next...
Friday Night - After we got back from our getaway, we took the kiddies to dinner and for milkshakes. Then we went to Canyon View Park and ate the shakes and hung out. It's funny how we "getaway" and the first thing we do when we get back is spend quality time with the kiddies...
Saturday - Josie went to swim at Tessa's and had lots of fun! Chloe, Brynn and I went to my mom's. Tracy, my step-sister, is visiting from AZ with the kids, so we went over to swim. I love just hanging out there. The kids all get along so well and it's just nice to relax. Jon stayed home and chilled.
Saturday Night - I went out to dinner with my HS friends. We've tried to get together every 6 months, and we've done pretty well for the last year and a half. The only one missing was Millie, it was sad, she was sick! We met in Draper at Goodwood. I had the Salmon Salad, delicious. I drove up with Shawna, who has a babe 3 days older than Brynn. It was so nice to catch up! Can't wait til the next gathering!
Sunday - Sunday was Sunday but I love hanging out with the Tuckett's on a nice summer night. The kids love being outside and it was fun to watch them play Capture The Flag (or flip-flop in this case). Jon got a little tired :) But he enjoys interacting with all the kids.
Monday - Monday, Monday, la la la de da, was so fabulous! I love my children! They were so well behaved, I'm wondering what in the world happened to make them behave so spectacularly. They got right up and did their chores right away, didn't have to nag, quite boring for mom, they showered and were dressed and ready. They played for a bit and I decided that I was prepared to go out, physically (I had showered) and mentally. We went to Target to take back some flip-flops and the girls were just perfect angels, no lie! I'm still in denial. It was such a wonderful outing with them. I didn't have to get all upset or anything, telling them not to touch or get back here to the cart NOW! None of that! We even ate at the Target. Garsh. Then we decided to stop in to the bank, since it's been forever since I've blessed them with my presence. We were able to visit with almost everyone we loved! It was good to see everyone, of course my mommy. I do miss the job and all the goonies... someday, maybe... if they're lucky... We then came home, fixed dinner, the girls were still super helpers, scary, it was just a wonderful day all around!
Tuesday - I had a harder time getting out of bed today. The girls made me lunch @ 11, I was up, but not up, if you catch my drift... It was the lovliest lunch ever. Pizza Canadian Bacon and pickles with lots of mayo. Bread with Pickle slices and a single pepperoni slice. I even got $1 from Chloe because I was such a nice mom yesterday, even she noticed how special the day was. Strawberry Milk. Aaah, lovely!We also swam again. My pumps aren't working so well so we were only able to fill up one pool, and Brynn was awake so we could only fill it about an inch. She loved it! She whined for a minute but kept on playing and the girls sat nicely and played along side her. Then Brynn freaked out cause her hat got wet and it was time to pack it in! We've just been hanging out since. Josie went to a friends house, Chloe did iron bead projects and I cleaned the kitchen floor, no, I don't mop, I get down on my hands and knees and wipe... mops stink... wo is me! Now, I'm blogging, waiting for my prince charming to grace me with his presence, so we can have taco bean soup. Fabulous!
Summary - I love summer, I love my kiddies, I love my hubby! Aaah!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Love your recaps! Gotta love summer and the fact that you don't HAVE to be out of bed and somewhere at a certain time! Today, I'm staying in my pajamas until AT LEAST noon.