January 8, 2009

Another doosey

Our little Flo really is having a not-so-great 2009. Poor thing!
Another phone call from the school, this time THE EYE!
She'd been poked. She said she was fine and school was only had an hour left so she just stayed. She came home, seeming to be fine, JD said she'd been fine walking home. Then after some errands, she began freaking out and screaming uncontrollably. It was so spiratic, though. I told her to chill out and even considered getting her a brown paper bag to breathe into. Oh, the drama she can produce. I shortly realized it was authentic, after all, eye injuries are pretty serious business. So I had to listen to her scream at Walmart and so did everyone else. Pleasant. I called the Dr just to see what they thought and they suggested we come in so they could see the severity. However, mom was busy with city stuff and she didn't really want to go to the Dr so I put it off to see how she would do at someone else's house, without me near to coddle her. She bummed on the couch with her hand glued to the eye the whole night. I was going to take her in whether she liked it or not. CJ has very sensitive eyes already and I knew this wasn't going to be fun, but she did pretty well, once she saw the cool glowy stuff the doc had. She was just wishing we had a black light at home so she could "freak out" Little B. And she didn't want me to wash off the orange dye because she wanted to show all her friends at school. So I thought maybe she's go for the whole "eyepatch" thing, but nay, those darn sensitive eyes, she'd rather hold her hand there all day than have her eyelashes touch a bandaid. Psh. So, we have yet to see how her adventures have gone today. She also has piano today, which will be tricky with one eye and one hand. Should be FUN!
This is my awesome illustration of what the scratch looks like. Luckily it isn't in her line of vision, but it's stinkin' huge! I'd say she's purty lucky!
Let's hope this is the last of injuries for our little #2.
But garsh, ain't she cute???

1 comment:

Amanda C said...

I have to say I think she is so adorable, even with an eye patch! She wears it well. I have a feeling you are in for some more injuries. She is an active child!