April 21, 2009

NC - Day 1

View from plane. Can't remember if this was Memphis or Charlotte, must have been Memphis, it was dark in Charlotte...
Girls watching movie on the laptop

B finally falling asleep just before we landed in Charlotte.
"God Bless You!" one man said while getting off the plane.

DVD player a LIFESAVER! Thanks Mum!!!!

Do we look excited? I am, but not sure about Paco...
We arrive! FINALLY!
The joy begins:
How will B do? How will CJ do? How will JD do? How will Paco do?
JD & CJ were so amazing! They were only a little bit nervous but were so helpful with bags and staying close. They were great!
B on the other hand, better than expected, but still quite the trial. She did not like the air pressure, poor thing... she's eaten like an entire pack of gum by now and I'm afraid it's all yuck and stuck in her intestines... should I worry? Thanks to Mum for the portable DVD player, which I insanely am not a fan of... it was a LIVESAVER!
Paco got a little nervous. There were a few people saying some not very nice things about B, I don't blame them, but it was only for a moment... right? We were so relieved for our layover in Memphis. We had a 2 hour wait, which I planned on purpose because I wasn't sure how trying to find the next gate would go over with 3 kids, but we were in the exact same gate. I went to an awesome Elvis gift shop, could have spent lots of time, and money, there... got a spoon. Paco needed the long break, I suppose. The next flight we didn't sit together. B & CJ did great. I had a very nice lady sitting next to me that helped calm my nerves. She was amazing! And it was much shorter.
Car Rental: Fun. Great customer service. But guess what? We had to rent carseats and that cost more money than the car itself, it seemed. Advice: take your own carseat when traveling. You don't have to pay for checking it and it'll be worth the lugging it around... promise.
So excited to be in Charlotte. I was seriously on cloud 9 and not caring who had to say what about B crying on the plane. Go into SIL late, but they were all up and waiting! It was great to see them and excting to let the party begin!
Bed. Bed. And boy did I love that hard bed! Yay!!!!
Highlight of today?
Seeing Megan Joy from American Idol at the airport in SLC. We were at the shuttle stop in the parking lot and here she comes, all regular-person-like. Loved it. She was with her son and a friend/relative. She wasn't super chatty. I felt kindof bad getting all gushed up about her, because I LOVED her! So when her friend asked my girls where they were headed, I decided to just say congrats to her and wish her the best. It made me feel REALLY bad for not voting! Hello?!? How do you tell someone that you loved them but that you didn't vote for them... And that's why you got sent home... lamo me... JD was just stoked about that! She LOVED her as well.

3 comments:

my--four--sons said...

Are you guys afraid of flying?
I loved Megan too. That is cool you got to meet her.

Jeanna GT said...

just with Little B... she's a handful as it is and we were terrified of how the experience would be... better than expected, if you ask me!

Unknown said...

Looks so great! I would love to see Megan...I loved her, and I DID vote, but when she started picking the worst songs ever I had to face reality. Too bad you didn't get a pic!

How is your mouth?