We're headed to South Carolina! (You gotta say that with an accent)
Left for SC around 11. AC came along for the ride with us, while CJ went with SIL & EllaBean and JD rode with Gma & Gpa and Sophie B... I think things just worked out perfectly that way!
B was pretty good on the drive. AC kept her company.
The roadways are beautiful and green! There were little patches of flowers all along the medians and shoulders. First maroon, then blue, then yellow, then purple... there was such a variety! Beautiful!
Arrived in Charleston around 3 and decided to get lunch. We let BIL decide since he knows the area way better than us... he led us to Sticky Fingers... AWESOME! Had a stuffed potato... pulled pork with cheese... can I say it again, AWESOME!
Drove through old Charleston... loved it... ended up at Battery Park. Gorgeous. The old trees were just awesome. There were a few brides having pics taken, which Josie just gaa'd over. It was a great place to just relax and let the kids run around. I could have stayed there all day! We huddled together and tried to plan our plan of attack for the evening and the following day. Since we were only planning this short adventure, we wanted to make it count. There were so many things to do, it was difficult to decide.
That night we decided to go to the beach and let the kids see the ocean. Folly Beach is where we ended up. It was beautiful. The kids were immediately in the water and soaked, and it was cold! But they didn't care. Aaah, I love the beach!
3 comments:
Those beach pictures are soooo great! It looks like the kids had a blast playing in the freezing cold water. I wish we could have been there with you. It looks like so much fun! Glad you guys could go and have a good time:)
The water wasn't cold. I think everyone out of the water was a lot colder than those in the water...it was windy.
Where is day 3, 4, 5, etc?
Post a Comment