Friday morning we went to the Grotto, up Payson Canyon. This is an easy hike we do a few times a year with the TFam cousins. This time it was a big group of families.
Little B was dead set on doing it all herself. And although the trail is easy, it is pretty rocky and there are tree roots sticking out of the ground. She was ticked when we had to carry her across the stream. But she was a trooper and loved it!
CJ loves colleting rocks and seriously would have taken home the entire bed if I'd let her. She did load up her pockets. She's very proud of her rocks.
JD was a great helper. She helped with Andrew and Little B. I think she just likes to be with people so she enjoys just being out.
Little B was not a bit scared of the water. She would have jumped all the way in, had I let her. She did fall in once and got quite wet. She was loving it. Splashing around, getting messy.
The trail has fun log bridges. They're a little tedious at times, but it's all just so beautiful and natural. I love it!
This one was a little scary. I just walked right through the river. I didn't even bother with this bridge. I'd rather not fall on my arse and make a fool of myself, thank you very much. I think I love EVERYTHING about this hike: easy, fun, beautiful and it's different every time you go. The bridges get washed away from year to year so you never know what you're going to get when you go back.
Wondeful hike, wonderful day! We spent the rest of the day getting the house ready for Joelissa.
No comments:
Post a Comment