June 6, 2009

lowsy

So, maybe you've noticed that I'm not very good with posting remaining days, and part 2's of vacays... or maybe you haven't. I'm trying to not live my life by the computer and try to actually just enjoy these vacations, rather than worrying what I'll be blogging about when I get home. So far this summer has filled me with joy, something I have often thought I'd never find. I realize it's only been a week, but seriously, I'm looking forward to a summer of goodness and wholesome fun with my girlies. Here's how I intend to do that:
1) be patient - whoa, this is a hard one for me. I need to remember it's summer, the kids are bored, and they're just not going to help me with housework no matter how much I think they'd love helping their mom out. crafts, projects, hikes, and walks. amen.
2) be calm - sometimes, only sometimes, I take things WAY too serious. They are kids, right?
3) sit and relax - now that we have a patio (another thing I could totally blog about) I can actually just sit in my backyard and enjoy watching them play. That really is ok. It is. I just need to keep telling myself that.
4) be nice - this is a toughy. I am not nice. period. And once again, they are kids, right?
5) ENJOY - my kids are growing up way too fast. How about yours? 10? 7? almost 2? I have been wasting my life away worrying about too many nonimportant things. I need to get a grip. And get a life that includes my kids, before they drift away into oblivion, which will happen.
Hope you all have goals for this summer. Whatever they are, do your best to reach them!
As for me, I'm on my way to winning the summer-blast-awesomeness award. Check back for my medal presentation.... you'll be jealous!
gt out
p.s. this is me practicing my awesomeness
and josie mocking me in the background




1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love this post! You are an awesome mom, and please call us to come and have fun with you this summer!!!! movie next Monday?