November 23, 2009

Hymns Recital


It was the Hymns recital this past weekend.  The teacher has had a really hard time scheduling this one and we finally got it in! 
JD had broken her arm just as they began learning these songs, so she only played the left hand and her teacher played the right.  She played "The Spirit of God".
CJ played "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" and struggled a little bit, but I think it's because we came in late and she was rushed up to play it right away.  She didn't really have any time to process what was going on.  I know she can play it and play it well, so I felt really bad that she was rushed.
I am very proud of both of my girls.  They enjoy playing, even though they complain about practicing sometimes.  I'm considering taking lessons myself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Jeanna's cute daughters! I love playing the piano and actually practiced too much when I was younger and developed tendonitis in my arms because of it! A Hymns recital sounds like great fun! And way to go playing one-handed JD! :)

Amanda C said...

I have been taking lessons for a month or so and I love it! You are never too old to take piano lessons. And with your flute experience you would be shocked at how easily you will pick it up. Awesome job Josie and Chloe!!