I've never been a fan of PTA Reflections. This year my girls were super excited so I was anxious to actually have them try it out. But I was not going to do it for them... I wanted it to be ALL THEM...
They put it off, well, Chloe had designed the cutest lego thing but it was broken down after sitting around for a few weeks, and Jos had written a few things down on paper but nothing complete, so it came until the very last minute to come up with something new. The night before, Chloe scrambled to put together another Gary, from Spongebob... the original was fantastic and creative and this one was a second hand version, with wings and a see-through body. Josie sat down with Jon and he helped her with a beat and some rhyming and she wrote a poem about her annoyin alarm clock. She even took a picture to add.
So their projects were done, and I began to fill out the paperwork......... Beauty is........ what does flying Gary and an annoying alarm clock have to do with beauty? Oh, we make it work!
Beauty is sleep... and my alarm clock takes that away from me!
MY ALARM CLOCK
OH! How that sound annoys me!
OH! How that sound annoys me!
I pull the blankets over my head
I say “just let me be”
As I roll over and go back to bed
I say “just let me be”
As I roll over and go back to bed
My alarm clock is so annoying
I want to scream
My head is going to explode
That’s how I feel about my alarm clock
You don’t want to hear it.
By
Jocelyn (Josie) Tuckett
Beauty is Gary with wings taking Spongebob for a ride!
Eh?
Perfect!
We got them turned in. And guess what? Chloe actually won! I'm not sure what her competition was. They must have felt that she was REALLY using her creativity.
We'll see how she does at District!
I just have to say that my reasons for actually letting them do it at the last minute, was because my girls impress me so much with the things they come up with and I will not be one to stifle my children's imaginations and attainable dreams.... attainable meaning fundage & driving distance......
I'M SO PROUD OF MY GIRLS AND ALL THEY ARE WILLING TO THROW OUT THERE!
LOVE YA, GIRLIES!!!
3 comments:
Congrats to both your girls, and to you!
Way to go Josie and Chloe! You both did a great job!
Oh my! I totally laughed out loud in my office when I saw Gary giving Sponge Bob a ride. Chloe rocks... Josie too... oh and little Betsy!
Post a Comment