May 7, 2009

JD's big run....

I cannot tell you how proud I am of this little crazy-head!
JD has always been athletic but hasn't really had a knack for endurance... ok, no biggie...
This year in preparing for the Hershey Track Meet, JD has just been crazy excited about what's going to happen... in practicing with her class, she was really close to being 1st in most of the events.JD was so nervous.
She decided to do the 50m & the 100m... last year she chose the 400 and didn't do so hot...
She was 1st in every heat through to the finals!!!She was just truckin' away! It was such a thrill to watch her do her best!
I was a proud mama, that's for sure!
I told her to act like she was the track queen of the world.....
Then in the finals............
2nd in the 50m & 4th in the 100m...
HOW AWESOME IS THAT!
I am so proud of my JD! She's so capable of anything she wants and I hope she knows that!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

That's so exciting! Way to go Josie, you are one awesome girl!!!

Unknown said...

Wow- that is great! I let Hayden stay home with me...he hated it last year! :-( running is not his thing.....
I love that J did so good!

Sara said...

Wow! I had no idea Josie was so fast! That is awesome!

Jon said...

We didn't know she was fast either. She dominated every race until the finals.

my--four--sons said...

AWESOME! Isn't it crazy how proud our kids can make us feel :)