October 31, 2009

leaf jumping

A few weeks ago, CJ asked me if I'd ever jumped in a pile of leaves.  I said of course!  Who hasn't?  Stopping short because truth betold, my children have never enjoyed this simple pleasure.  SAD!
She asked me if it hurt.  I said "hurt?"  No, you just rake them up and it's like a big soft, stinky, wet pile of mush.
So now I was on a mission.  Find some leaves to let my girlies jump and play in.
I called Ma to ask if we could come rake some of hers.  I was hoping they'd be down by this Halloween weekend.
Well, they weren't.  I was devastated.  Silly to be devastated over something like that, but I was so looking forward to letting CJ finally see what all of the hype was all about and my plan had failed.  Eventually, I told myself, that we'd be able to rake Gma's leaves... they couldn't stay on that tree forever!
But when we got there for Halloween, they luckily had a few other trees that had let off just enough leaves to enjoy a perfect jump!  It was even more perfect than I had planned!
Thanks to Ma & Pa for letting us play!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love the pictures! I have some like that of my kids that I need to post.