June 28, 2008

WIR - June 19 - 27

Pretty uneventful week, I suppose. The kids and I have just been hanging out at home, cleaning up all the toys and organizing them, swimming, more swimming and such.
Saturday - we had a yard sale. It was fun, Jon and I made about $150. Better than nothing! And we got rid of a lot of stuff. There's still plenty of garbage to get rid of, but it's a start.
Sunday - We hung out at the Tuckett's and it was so much fun! We went outside and sat in the shade and watched the kids play in the sand box and on their new swing set. I love summer nights!
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - hung out at home. Got our our pool, which we've had since Jos was 3 and realized we really need a new one. It has holes, slow holes, and so it gradually flattens and makes for an interesting time. So the girls and I went and got some new ones. They're not quite the quality, or as large, but they're fun. They had fun just getting out of the house.
Thursday & Friday - Jon and I had went on our 10 yr anniv getaway. My Ma came and stayed with the girls overnight and we went to Logan, to the Anniversary Inn, where we stayed one night on our honeymoon. The girls had a lot of fun taking advantage of Gma, playing with makeup, swimming, making messes, etc... Jon and I had fun just being away from home. It would have been fun to have the girls, it wasn't them I was trying to get away from, just home itself...
Jon and I left at about 6:30, and we had a long way to go. We stopped in Brigham City and ate at a family restaurant called Maddox. I had the Salmon, EXCELLENT. Jon had a juicy steak, EXCELLENT. It was fun! We finally got to Anniv Inn at about 10:30. We played a few games of pool, there was a table in the room, and watched Oceans 12. Then we struggled to get comfy on the bed, we forgot Jon's special pillow, oh the tragedy, really it is. Jon didn't get to sleep until 4, and I woke up at 6 and then slept on the couch. Yeah, it was fun, that part, not so fun! We drove around the Logan Temple, BEAUTIFUL! and then drove by where my Gpa Gardner used to live. His family built 2 homes just across from USU campus. It's a little sad to see it run down currently, but still fun to atleast see a part of history. I was able to call him and ask him for the right address and he sounded so happy telling me about it. We then drove to Park City to do a bit of shopping. Not too much, still didn't have school clothes variety out yet. We then came home and loved our kiddies. We went to dinner at Hickory Kist and then got Milk Shakes at Little Acorn. It was good to be home and be together as a family. I LOVE MY FAMILY! Jon and I had a great time being together. So many times I hear people say they need to reconnect with their spouse, but Jon and I seem to still be connected... 10 years is a long time, but I don't feel any different about him, love him more! He's great and I'm so happy to have him! and lucky!
Hope you're all having a fabulous summer!

No comments: