July 7, 2009

saturday july 4th part PM - Hfam

All in all, we had a wonderful 4th! We were all tired but I definitely won the cranky-pants award of the year! Yay me!!! Hopefully everyone has forgiven me!
I am so grateful for our country. I see all that is going on in the world, and I know that our country is not perfect, but WE ARE FREE! Driving around all day and seeing all of the flags flying, I really had time to ponder on some things. I'm a very emotional person, as some of you know, and I get really choked up when I think about the freedoms I have and what this country has gone through to allow me those freedoms. I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to provide for myself. I'm thankful that I can worship as I choose. I'm thankful that I have a voice, even though I don't use it as I should, I still have it! I'm thankful for certain laws that protect me, and keep me in check... I am also thankful that this country is a beacon of freedom to others. I hope it continues to be. I enjoyed a testimony given on Sunday that mentioned how being American is something that helps mold a person into who they are. Being an American has allowed me to venture in different ways and decide who I want to be. And I know I can be anything I want to be, anyone I want to be. That may not make sense to you, but this is more for me than anyone else, so bare with me here! I am free. I pay taxes so that I can be responsible for my surroundings. I obey laws so that I can be safe, so my family is safe.
I'm thankful for this FREE country so that I can have a family of my own choosing and be responsible and provide for them to my best ability and enjoy them.
Whew, I am proud to be an AMERICAN! now onto the fun... we went to dinner at Ma & Pa's for annual fireworks. T&W were there with the kiddos. They all had so much fun together!
Dinner was yummy: burgers and hotdogs.
Sparklers are always a hit!
We can always see the Stadium of Fire show from the yard. It's fun to see!
We enjoyed our own little firework show on the field.
Brynn was totally loving it! I thought she'd have a freak out, but she was right in on the action!
This is Pa's silhouette.
We had such a great time! I seriously can't wait until next year!

No comments: