October 31, 2008

Punkin Carvin'

We started out with SEVERAL pumpkins. The kids have each brought a few home here and there and we also went to our neighborhood pumpkinland and they gave us all they had left for FREE! Tends to happen when you go the last minute!
Somehow CJ's face pic got deleted.... And if I repost, it'll get all messed up...
This is the FRONT of CJ's. She poked little holes with her carving knife and then made designs around the edges, which is kindof hard to see. ALL ON HER OWN!

This is the FRONT of JD's. Again, all on her own. I remember when I had to do everything and why I partially dreaded this occasion, even though I've always been glad we did it. This year, my 2 big girls just went at it! Cleaning and ALL!!!!
JD LOVES her initials, just like me! She also used cookie cutters to stencil a pumpkin and a bat! She did such an amazing job!

While the girls carved, I...............
Made pasta, made PB&J sandwiches, about 7, helped with carving, made banana bread muffins, helped with felt crafts, and of course......

SANG to them. The love that part of our "kitchen time".
This is the girlies doing crafts. We had some special visitors so we kept them well entertained.

Our special friends got 2 new baby brothers a few days ago. I made them these pumpkins and got them some costumes!!! How cute!
New idea for Pumpkins.... FELT! No rottenness, no mess, but unfortunately, they don't glow up! But I am totally in love with this idea!
It was a fabulous but crazy night!
I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!
Hope you all have a safe one!!!

1 comment:

Amanda C said...

Carving pumpkins is so fun! I love the picture of your singing.